EMARE (European Media Artists in Residence Exchange)
EMARE (European Media Artists in Residence Exchange) is the international platform dedicated to exchange and residency projects for media artists in Europe. EMARE offers residencies for artists in the fields of digital media, including internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers and those working with sound, video, etc.
Emerging artists, whether single or in groups, of any age and residing in an EU country are invited to participate. Artists can apply for a two-month residency, to be held between April and August 2019 at one of the following institutions:
• Ars Electronica Center, Linz, Austria
• Onassis Cultural Centre, Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT), Liverpool, United Kingdom
• IMPAKT, Utrecht, Netherlands
• Kontejner, Zagreb, Croatia
• LaBoral Centro de Arte y Creación Indstrial, Guijón, Spain
• M-Cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC, Riga, Latvia
• WRO Center for Media Art Foundation, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Centre for Media Art, Halle (Saale), Germany (lead organisation)
EMARE project includes a grant of 3,000 euros, 4,000 euros of project budget, free accommodation, travel expenses reimbursed up to 500 euros, free access to technical facilities and multimedia laboratories within the host institutions, advice from production experts, in addition to the possibility to participate in the festivals organized by the same.
Applications must be submitted online and must include a CV, audio documentation, preliminary plan or draft of the proposed project to be developed within the program.
Deadline for Applications: 10 December 2018, 12:00
Image: Matthew Gingold, Phase Orkestra (Werkleitz Festival 2015), © Falk Wenzel